Thursday, March 2, 2017

Butterfly Project



"On a Sunny Evening"


On a purple, sun-shot evening
Under wide-flowering chestnut trees
Upon the threshold full of dust
Yesterday, today, the days are all like these.

Trees flower forth in beauty,
Lovely, too, their very wood all gnarled and old
That I am half afraid to peer
Into their crowns of green and gold.

The sun has made a veil of gold
So lovely that my body aches.
Above, the heavens shriek with blue
Convinced I’ve smiled by some mistake.
The world’s abloom and seems to smile.
I want to fly but where, how high?
If in barbed wire, things can bloom
Why couldn’t I? I will not die!
   Written by Anonymous, 1944   
I commented on Ingrid's, Julian's, Gabriel's, Melanie A, and Lesly's 

5 comments:

  1. I feel like your butterfly is simple but in a great way. There's not too much chaos going on in your butterfly but yet it is very precise. Each painting that you put on your butterfly connected to lines in your poem so it will be understanding to why you put them there. I don't think you should change anything about it. It was a really good butterfly that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a good butterfly! The fact that you used wood to make your butterfly that represented your poem that talked about nature was great. I like how you included quotes to give further clarification of why you put things. I could tell that you put some effort into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Juan, I just wanted to say that you did a great job on creating this butterfly. It looks like you put your mentality in good use for this butterfly. What really caught my attention was with the painting. The paint is so bright that you could see it a mile away. You went straight to the point and gave vivid examples. Overall, you did a sterling job, hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Juan! After analyzing your Butterfly, I was able to extract a variety of its strongpoints as well as its weak points. I will state these throughout this comment. The first part of you Butterfly that I found rather pleasant was the organization your points. By properly color coding each dot by subject, I was easily able to sort out whether or not I was reading your representations, or your analysis. However, some of your points lack textual evidence, such as your explanation for "Mood and Tone". Overall, I commend you for your clean, organized Butterfly. Good job!

    ReplyDelete