Thursday, May 4, 2017

Notes from the Midnight Driver

In my book Notes from the Midnight Driver a boy named Alex decided one night to get drink a lot of vodka and drunk drive around his area. He then rode onto a sidewalk with the car and he hit his head really hard and he got a gash on his forehead. Later that night the police woke him and they were questioning why he was driving a car drunk and he thought he hit someone and killed them and he was trying to apologize to the officer when in reality it was a gnome who he decapitated. He was later taken to the hospital for his minor injuries. When he woke up again in the hospital he started to vomit and he had a hangover from the previous night of heavy drinking.

In my opinion this book to me is ok I expected more from the book. It's funny and has a good theme but I thought it would be more interesting. My favorite part so far is where he was taken to the police station and was hungover it was really funny because of what he did while there. He would make fun of the officer and he tried to be friends with him but I didn't work. Alex's nose was bleeding violently during this time.

My prediction for the future of the book is that Alex's mom will eventually find a boyfriend. Also Alex and Laurie will probably date by the end of the book or be close to. Also that the charges against Alex for drunk driving will be dropped or put her in jail. In my opinion he doesn't deserve those charges, although he did drive like that he's to young to be charged as a adult like that. He should at least get a fine or has to do specific volunteer hours for him.

All the characters are really interesting and they have a story behind them. I think Alex is reckless and or is rich. I think he is rich because he has his own lawyer and the dad has so much vodka that his son gets drunk. He also owns a Dodge which are expensive I don't know which car it is but they are usually expensive. When he crashed that car the mother or father didn't say anything about the car getting paid for the damage they got mad because they were arguing who let the keys on a counter and who left the vodka out for anyone to grab like in this case Alex grabbed it and drank a lot we can assume because he got drunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment